Friday, August 10, 2012

Shut the *bleep* Up About the iPhone 5 Already!

This little rant was in my head for a while so I figured I may as well get it out. The iPhone 5 isn't even out yet and already people are working themselves up in yet another frenzy over it. The sad part to me is that as the device goes, the iPhone name has been behind on the game since the iPhone 4. Sure its a really nice UI. Sure it broke boundries and really revitialized the industry. But if we were basing the device on what it did we would all be using Palm Pilots right now. Or I would be driving a Chevy. My point is let's judge the next iPhone on what it delivers. As things go I was emensly underwhelmed with the announcement of iOS 6. It is a great improvement for sure, but when even Windows Phone 7 users have the fuction that iOS 6 brings you have to ask yourself if it really is as cutting edge as Apple Fanboys claim it is. I personally love how competition makes things better for me as a consumer, and yet it still annoys me to no end when people are foaming at the mouth over something that isn't even announced yet and also promises to be as underwhelming as the iPhone 4, 4S and iOS 6. I'm the wait and see sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment