Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why Microsoft Why?!?!

It was recently announced that Windows 8 will not allow for a computer to boot up to the classic desktop we all know and love by default. Rather it will only allow for the Metro UI silly thing that we can no longer call the Metro User Interface due to poor planning in trade mark and copy right on Microsoft's part to boot up. If you want to go to the classic desktop UI from there you have to manually switch EACH AND EVERY TIME! Seriously?!?! While Microsoft thinks their interface is hip and all, I personally hate it. Okay, so some people like it. And it may be more effective on a touch screen. But why take choice away from users with classic laptop and desktop computers. I was actually considering upgrading from Windows 7 Pro too Windows 8 Pro because of the decreased boot time and increased system preformance, but at this point I'm just going to wait until either there is a work around for this issue or until Microsoft gets their head out of their collective ass. Either way, this makes me glad I dual boot Ubuntu since it has most, if not all, of what I am looking for in my desktop OS. All of that aside, what do you guys thing of the formerly Metro UI? Likes? Dislikes?

No comments:

Post a Comment